So, at long last, we have a home again! (And with it, a home computer again. Sorry about the long absence.) In the mean time, we've been staying with Michael and Jenner and family, taking the extended vacation of a life time. Six weeks. Man we love and owe you guys BIG TIME.
Some of the fun included many a visit to the neighborhood splash pad:
Whitney honing her water charming skills.
This is Stuart's adoptive brother and BFF automobile while we stayed with the Michael Porters. He named him "Honkey." Never left home without him.
"Taking turns" with Honkey took tremendous emotional effort.
The girls sunbathing.
Cole, Stuart and Honkey experimenting with water trajectory.
This is Whitney and Macy acting natural. Macy won that game.
Here's Spencer, lovin' him some splash pad.
We also took a handful of trips down town to the Austin Children's Museum and visiting daddy's new therapy office, splashing at the neighborhood pool, jumping endlessly with cousins on the trampoline and going to a magic show at the elementary school.
I must say, I think we caught a glimpse of the advantages of communal living. I think we had a pretty good thing going. Jenner and I alternated cooking week to week. We were both able to leave the kids home napping or playing while Rob and I house hunted or Jenner had car pool duty or RS meetings. And once the kids were all in bed, we got to watch movies and eat treats and play cards every stinking night. I may or may not speak for everyone when I say we were sad to see it end.
6 comments:
spencie is a blond again! strong work beck's I'm so proud of you for humoring me
Looks like fun. Makes me pine away after you. Your kids are beautiful and mine got SUPER excited when they saw their faces on the computer. Go Porters! :)
MORE POSTS!!! WE DEMAND MORE POSTS, HELL IT!! (Well, that doesn't work quite as well as "What the damn", does it?) But anyway...
MORE POSTS!!!
oh it works. damn yah it works.
that was rob. not me. but I agree.
You speak for everyone.
I'm still good with you cooking dinner for us every other week... don't have to answer now... but Monday... 5:30...
How 'bout I just pencil it in?
Post a Comment